Going through the Legal Name Change in California is somewhat complicated and isn’t free. You can have help from experienced professionals. Ready-To-File Name Change is affordable and will guarantee that you’ll successfully get all the way through the process. This will explain how Ready-To-File, FULL SERVICE Name Change works and “What are ALL the costs?”.
Ready-To-File Name Change is a specific level of service. You get all the required Petition court forms required by your particular Superior Court, properly and fully completed for you. Your Petition will be marked everywhere you must sign. And, you will get customized instructions and helpful information so you can confidently get through the Name Change process, upon approval. There are often extra forms or requirements, besides the general name change forms. So be prepared to spend some extra time fixing and adding forms unless you get FULL SERVICE. Besides preparing the Petition, these are the essential steps.
What Are The Steps to Get a Legal Name Change?
To get a California Name Change Court Order you must:
- Find the correct court to handle your Name Change
- Fill out ALL the required Court Forms completely for your particular Name Change in that particular court
- File your Petition
- Do the Required Name Change Advertising
- Serve other required people, if any (only some Children’s Name Change Petitions require this)
- Go to your Hearing and get your Certified Copy of the Court Order, upon approval
- Change your ID and Official Records
You can read all the legal requirements for every California Court Ordered Name Change here (CCP 1275-1279.5)
What Do You Get With Ready-To-File, FULL SERVICE From EZ Name Change
- Ready-To-File court forms for your particular Name Change situation. Just sign and file.
- Complete EZ completion instructions, CHECKLIST to change ID and Official Records and all materials you need to File and Advertise.
- An organized, court documents folder for your completed Name Change Forms and Information.
- Unlimited phone support with fast access to experienced Name Change assistants familiar with your court, your documents, your information and your Name Change situation.
- Every thing you need to successfully file, advertise and complete your Name Change process.
EZ Name Change is a true Name Change Specialist – You get unlimited phone help all the way until you have your Decree Changing Name in your hands. At the website, you have access to articles and FAQ’s about every part of the process. For instance, find out How Long it Takes to Change Your Name in California, or what kind of documents does it take to Legally Change Your Name. And, with FULL SERVICE Name Change, court filing and required advertising are done for you.
What does Ready-To-File Name Change Cost?………$115
plus court filing and advertising costs (you do your own filing and advertising with our instructions). Court costs in California are usually $435 but, in some counties, go as high as $480. Advertising costs are usually between $90 and $125 but, in some Northern California counties are as much as $525.
FULL SERVICE ($75 more), rated Best Name Change 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 – $190
plus Court filing and advertising costs (EZ does the filing and advertising for you). Court costs in California are usually $435 but, in some counties, go as high as $480. Advertising costs are usually between $90 and $125 but, in some Northern California counties are as much as $525.
EZ is a 5-Star Name Change Service, but without a 5-Star price tag. So, you’ll feel confident all the way. You’ll know what’s happening for you all during the process. And you’ll get a sense of accomplishment when you have finally achieved what you’ve wanted to do for a long time. You still need to pay court filing, advertising and Certified Copy costs, and you won’t overpay for advertising or anything else. (Ask about Court Fee Waiver if you can’t afford court costs.)