Call Now:

Maiden Name Change in Georgia – With or Without Divorce

Maiden Name Change by Court Order

Maiden Name Change usually means Getting Your Maiden Name Back.  If you took a married name and now  want to restore your maiden name, with or without divorce, you can do that. Many people do.

If you’re going through Divorce and it’s not yet final, you may be able to request your Maiden Name back right in your divorce case. If you can do that, your divorce judgment would be the court order you need to update your ID and Official Records. 

You can still retake your Maiden Name without going through a divorce or even after divorce if you didn’t get your Maiden Name back inside the divorce case. You can use the Superior Court for Maiden Name Change for any of these situations:

  • Still Married and you want to go by your former legal name instead of your married name
  • Divorced but did not get a court order restoring Maiden Name during divorce
  • Married or Divorced and want a variation of your Maiden Name or Married Name that isn’t exactly either of them

Get the Court Order you need by using your Divorce Case (with a restored Maiden Name) or by filing a new Name Change Petition case to legally change back to your former name. When you have a Certified Copy of that Court Order, you can get your name updated on your Social Security Account, Your Passport and all your important accounts and registrations. You can do either of these things yourself…or we can help you.

If you’re in a Divorce Case now, see if you can request the New Name you want before the Divorce Judgment is granted. If your Divorce is already final, OR…if you don’t want a divorce… or, if you’re in a divorce and don’t want to wait until it’s final, ,,, or if you want your New Legal Name to be a little different than it was before…read on.

Maiden Name Change After Divorce in Georgia

What You Need To Do:
  1. Prepare an Application to Restore Your Former Name
  2. File Your Application and Order in the correct court. Pay the required fees.
  3. Get Your Court Order and Certified Copy(s) of it. Change your ID and Official Records

NOTE: You can restore any former legal name with this process. If you had multiple legal name changes, you may request that any of your former legal names be restored. You’re not limited to the name from your birth certificate if you’ve had more than one legal, married or other legal name changes such as can occur with adoption, or citizenship.

Maiden Name Change Without Divorce in Georgia

What You Need To Do:
  1. Prepare and File a Petition for Change of Name in Superior Court.
  2. File Your Petition, Pay the required fees and Publish the required legal notices.
  3. Get Your Court Order and Certified Copy(s) of it. Change your ID and Official Records

NOTE: With a Superior Court Name Change case, you’re entitled to Change Your Married Name to your Maiden Name, any prior Legal Name you’ve had, OR a completely New Legal Name. Your New Name can be a variation of any previous Legal Name you’ve had or completely unrelated to any name you’ve had before. A Name Change case isn’t restricted by the rules for marriage licenses or divorce laws. Limitations for any Name Change still apply.

Maiden Name Change Certified Copies

Social Security, Passport, DMV, and other important places require you to give them a Certified Court Order. Banks, other Government agencies and Financial Institutions … even Birth Certificates will make the changes you want when you present the Certified Copy. You need at least one Certified Copy to make changes after approval by your judge, and many people get 2 or more. One to keep in a safe place and one to use when required.

Certified Court Orders are available whether you use your Divorce Case to Restore Your Maiden Name, or file a New Name Change Petition case. And, regardless of which path you choose, the main government and financial places will REQUIRE that you give them one when requesting your Name Change with them.

Maiden Name Change After Divorce

Costs and Time Frames

It will take you about 5 minutes or less to complete our online questionnaire (“Start My Name Change Now”) and pay the initial fee. With EZ Full Service, we will send you the correctly completed Court Forms, file everything in the right court, arrange all your required advertising, and, upon approval by the judge, you will be able to get your Certified Court Order. You will need to go to the court, by appointment we’ll arrange for you, unless the court tells you you don’t have to attend. We’ll also give you a handy CHECKLIST for quickly updating ID and Records.

This process will take about 2-3 months, or less, from the day you start until the day you can have your Certified Copy(s), upon approval. The TOTAL charges are:

Typical Full Service TOTAL: $ 467 


INCLUDES:  EZ Full Service ($190), the court Filing ($214), and the Newspaper Ads/Proof ($45): Also includes Notary ($8) and Certified Copies ($10). 

NOTE: Pay only $115 after completing the short Questionnaire The balance is invoiced AFTER you return your signed Documents so we can file everything for you. 

Maiden Name Change Without Divorce

Costs and Time Frames

It will take you about 5 minutes to complete our online questionnaire (“Start My Name Change Now”) and pay the initial fee to start the process. As a Georgia Name Change Specialist, we will send you the correctly completed Petition for Change of Name Forms for ANY NEW NAME of your choice. With our Full Service, we will file Your Petition, arrange the required public notices, and set an appointment for you to get your Certified Decree Changing Name upon approval. You do need to go to the court, briefly on that Hearing date. But that’s likely to be the most enjoyable court experience you’ll ever have. We’ll also give you a handy CHECKLIST for quickly changing ID and Records.

This process will take about 8-12 weeks, or so.  In some situations it can be completed sooner.

The itemized typical costs are :

$115. to begin, after you give us your information through our Questionnaire.

$352 (example) after you receive the Petition: EZ Full Service $75, Court Cost $214, Newspaper $45, Notary $8, Certified Copies $10.

TOTAL – $467. This is a useful Georgia example, but costs vary based on the County where you live. Court, and particularly publishing, costs vary depending on the county and prevailing rates at the time of the Filing.

NOTE: EZ Full Service, will take care of all court and newspaper arrangements, and will provide you with guidance to get Notarization and Certified Copies.

Start Your Maiden Name Change Now!!

The #1 Rated Name Change Service in Georgia

We take care of ALL the court forms, filings, and appointments!

Haven’t you waited long enough?

Privacy Policy
We take privacy very seriously. Our Privacy Policy is published and available for you to review anytime through our website link found at the bottom of every website page. We don’t ask for or allow access to your information, for any reason, except for our use to prepare your required court documents. We destroy your information after it’s no longer needed to support your Name Change Petition process. We maintain a high-security website badge and use encrypted data transfer systems. Your privacy questions are welcome.

Get In Touch!