Legal Document Assistant – Notice to Consumer
LEGAL DOCUMENT ASSISTANT NOTICE TO CONSUMER
This form complies with the provisions set forth in 16 CCR § 3950 and Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code §6410.5)
As a Name Change Specialist headquarted in California, we use all our time and attention to help you succeed in your name change goals. We can and will help you get a Name Change Court Order, upon approval. And, it’s important that you understand what we are, and are not and what we can and cannot do for you.
We have posted in many places, and in order to use this EZNameChange.com website or any of our services, you agree that you have been informed that:
- EZ Name Change (“EZ”), including its parent Nationwide Legal Network, Inc., and its Owners and Officers, is a Registered Legal Document Assistant company (LDA 564) and Legal Document Preparer.
- EZ can and does provide Legal Document and Process Information and Assistance for Legal Name Change within the Courts for the States in which we operate.
- EZ Name Change (“EZ”), including its parent Nationwide Legal Network, Inc., and its Owners, Officers, and Employees, are NOT ATTORNEYS and provide NO ATTORNEY SERVICES or LEGAL OPINIONS.
- EZ is NOT A LAW FIRM and cannot advise you about your legal rights or the law.
- Neither EZ nor any of its owners, officers, or employees can represent you in court.
- Neither EZ nor anyone who works at EZ can give you legal advice, select legal forms for you, or provide you with any of the services only a lawyer can provide.
*Notice continuously published at https://eznamechange.com
Legal Document Assistant
Cal Business and Professions Code 6402
6402. A legal document assistant or unlawful detainer assistant shall be registered pursuant to this chapter by the county clerk in the county in which his or her principal place of business is located (deemed primary registration), and in any other county in which he or she performs acts for which registration is required (deemed secondary registration). Any registration in a county, other than the county of the person’s place of business, shall state the person’s principal place of business and provide proof that the registrant has satisfied the bonding requirement of Section 6405. No person who has been disbarred or suspended from the practice of law pursuant to Article 6 (commencing with Section 6100) of Chapter 4 may, during the period of any disbarment or suspension, register as a legal document assistant or unlawful detainer assistant. The Department of Consumer Affairs shall develop the application required to be completed by a person for purposes of registration as a legal document assistant.
The application shall specify the types of proof that the applicant shall provide to the county clerk in order to demonstrate the qualifications and requirements of Section 6402.1.